Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Service , Submission and Fairness

As Christians we are called to serve. W e serve God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) first then others and we relinquish our desire to be served. That's a tough one. It goes against all human sense of fairness, right?
I don't believe in "fair" anymore. The more I meditate on God's gift to me through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, the less I believe that I can ever be justified in saying "Hey that's not fair ". What's fair? Was it fair that God had to suffer so that I might be saved from sin that I freely committed. Sin that should bring me an eternal death penalty. No, It's not fair but I am thankful for that sacrifice. I am forgiven yet it's not fair by human standards that Jesus died for sin he didn't commit. He said he came to serve and not be served and he did so unto death. If he is our only true example of how to live this life (which he is ), then we must serve also.
In my ministry I have found that it is submission that helps me beat down the desire to shout aloud "it's not fair". I am submitted to Jesus and those who he has put over me. I have given my life over and have knowledge that I'm no longer in control (actually I never was but I thought so or needed to think so.) Submission is difficult but very freeing. True submission is Christ like ...
More later.
Live your christian life with reckless abandon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sinnersaint said...

I have found in my young walk with Christ that when my concerns for myself are the last on my mind, they, by God's grace, are handled in the most blessed fashion. As I grow closer to Christ my thoughts are on the same thing most often... I can't believe my King had to take the blame for me. I am amazed that in His stripes are my healings. I am amazed His pain is my victory over pain itself. Most of all I can't believe how much I love Him more and more daily and that one day I will get to see the hands that took the nails for me!

Think you can simply live your life as a 'good person' without the Savior?

Nails. Thorns. Spear. Points taken.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home