Wednesday, June 29, 2005

a new sheriff in town( well, kind of )

Well Fr Jim has gone to start a church in Arizona and I have been left to be the Rector (pastor) of All Saints Church. I knew it was coming for a long time but now it's reality. My bishop has every confidence in me and the congregation is very supportive. I have far more confidence in God's grace and providence than I have in my abilities. God is showing me that he has beautiful plan for All Saints. He is showing me that the position of my heart is far more important than raw ability. There are occupations like auto mechanic where a person has to bring his own tools to the work place so he can execute his job. I thought that was the case for pastoring a church. I don't think that anymore. I felt that I was coming to this ministry with an empty tool box. God showed me that I had more tools than I was aware of and that if I had none he would provide every tool that would be needed. If we seek as a Church to fall into the wake of God's will, we will see awesome things. Reliance on Jesus is primary and vital to the future of this church.
This whole thing can be SCARY and OVERWHELMING. But it's exciting and I find myself waking up each morning saying to God "OK Lord, what are you going to do today?". Then I brace myself for the ride. I invite all of you to come for the ride. HOLD ON !!!
GO BIG OR GO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mabel said...

Can I come and be your associate?

2:43 PM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

Lets do it big! His presence was huge last night.

P.S. I thought Mabel was aiming for the Roman seat?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Mabel said...

I was, but that seat's taken for the time being. I figure if I start with you guys, it'll look good on my resume in case I want to look at the Roman thing again in the future.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Father Rich said...

Yes , we are calling "Guy Sunday"

7:51 AM  
Blogger Father Rich said...

Mable,
You have to be a W.O.R.M. before you can be my associate. Plus I'm kind of mean.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

FYI - there are no hats to wear as an associate Mabel...

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home