Thursday, June 09, 2005

Time Machine

There was a time in western history when life was permeated and saturated with the rhythm of Christianity. Church bells regulated the day now City Hall regulates church bells. Faith and worship were the immovable and one scheduled life around church services and feast days rather than the other way around. I am as guilty of that as anyone else.
I believe that the church is starving for saturation again and doesn't know it. My prayer is that God will push the church forward as we move be back in time to meet the church of yesterday and rediscover the mystery and constancy of faith in Jesus.

A little hint for members a the All Saints parish family: By reading this blog you will catch a glimpse of the vision for our church that God is giving me day to day. For those who read this blog regularly please encourage the rest to read it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sinnersaint said...

Those bells at St. Michaels warrm my heart everytime I hear them! It is a reminder that God is in the midst of us. We are never alone. Let it flow from the Rock... I don't wnat to ever thirst again! Christ show us the way...

6:43 PM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

Okay, Okay so you got me to read your blog. Since you have asked us as a parish to read this so we can undersatnd how God is leading you I will do so. You win! :)
Love in Christ,
Alena

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home