Sunday, June 12, 2005

True church

I was once asked by someone where I thought the true church was. I said the church was the body of Christ. I was reminded by the person asking the question that he had asked me where ?and not what? To which I said OK, it's right here. I pointed at him first then myself. He looked perturbed. And he told me that wasn't what he was asking.
I knew that but I didn't want to get sucked into a game of "where's the church". Christians spend a lot time trying to figure out where the church is or who is saved. If we only spent as much time on loving people to Jesus I think we would please God more. Division breaks my heart and I know breaks God's heart. Jesus prayed that we would be one as he and the Father are one. Yet we are so splintered.
I became intrigued with magic (sleight of hand) as a child because I saw a man rip a sheet of paper into many pieces and restore it back into one whole piece. What an awesome trick to do such a thing. For years I opened my corporate magic show with a variation of that very trick. If it were only so easy to restore the church (body of Christ) back to unity.
This subject makes me sad. Let's pray for unity.
GBOGH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home