Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sometimes You Just Gotta Do It Anyway


Sometimes you know that what you are about to do will result in a massive tush whoopin but you know you have to do it. When I was younger and prone to break the rules I would weigh whether the cost of the punishment I would get would out way the pleasure I would get from breaking whatever the rule was. Now that I'm ancient and not prone to break rules I find that something similar happens with doing the right thing. You've heard " that no good deed goes unpunished " well it's kinda true. There are consequences for doing the right thing. Jesus talked about this when he said " count the cost " of following Him.
Sometimes you have to do stuff that you know will cost you . And it's "The Right Thing" to do. I've done many things like that . Lately I see some people I love in that same situation . In one case if they step out on faith and do what God is asking them to do they will die. Not like with a casket and flowers and stuff but to themselves and the world. Yet they will have an awesome life in Jesus. But God's grace is such that even they can't bring themselves to do that " big thing " God will still love them . How does that work? You can be disobedient and God will still love and bless you ? Yep. In human terms it is insane. But for God it's just the nature of His grace.
All the more reason to do those costly things. Stepping out in faith will cause its share of bruises but listening to God and practicing staying in his presence far out way a few lumps.
Now that's reckless abandon right there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home