Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Another Man's Faith


A week ago tragedy struck one of the families in our parish. The head of that household has been a member of our church for 7 years and serves at the altar with me. I always knew he was deeply committed to Jesus but I never imagined the depth of his faith. His struggle to continue life experiencing the joy of his salvation while honestly mourning his loss is one of the most beautiful things I've witnessed as a priest. His faith blesses me. I've prayed with him, cried with him and even managed to laugh with him during this time of great sadness. I pray that we all had the faith to mourn this beautifully. Jesus is his everything. What can be more beautiful than that.
This is another example of that "Reckless Abandon" that I have bored people to tears with. This is fall down crazy kind of faith. And I thank God that I have witnessed it.
It's hard to go bigger than this.
GO BIG!

1 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

He is a great man of God, and I am glad to know him.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home