Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tattoos evil ?


Some think that I am anti tattoo - I am not. In fact sometimes I think they're cool- but not always. Paul says that "all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial". I'll go with Paul on the subject of tattoos. Are tattoos evil? most of the time no - can they be ?- yeah - I've seen a couple that have spurred me to pray. Are they beneficial - well maybe if you had a treasure map tattooed on your thigh or maybe the dates of your anniversary and wife's b-day on your wrist or something.
If I ever go to the Holy Land (Israel- Charlie, Borders is a blessed place but not the Holy Land) I might get a an Armenian pilgrims tattoo which is a very small budded cross with the year of your pilgrimage.
People don't get tattoos for the same reasons that the prohibition was given in Leviticus. Those tattoos had more to do with a specific Babylonian magical practice.
It's just ink on skin - but it is for ever- so pray it about - yep you can even pray about getting a tattoo -
Go Big

1 Comments:

Blogger Father Rich said...

Lol

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home