Saturday, May 21, 2005

a ministry of balance

I was meditating this morning. The republican and democrats are a good example of lack of balance. Everything the other side does is wrong . I was reading a magazine for liberals the made the republican party look like the Nazi party. And there is conservative publication that makes liberals into flower holding Hippies.
Both are untrue and out of balance.
Balance is truth. I believe that the CEC seeks to bring balance to the church. Liturgy by itself will tip toward blind ritualism. Charismatic worship unchecked will eventually slide to doing the Macarenna with a rattlesnake. Evangelical bible centered fanaticism will lead that "me my bible and Jesus " attitude. All these are arrogant errors. We need balance. Let's find it.
Going big

2 Comments:

Blogger porchwise said...

Just wondering about your ministry. Sounds very Catholic (communion, parish, priest,etc.). Have you been ex-communicated or something or is married and children okay now? I ponder these things, sorry if I've offended you in any manner.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Father Rich said...

Porchwise,
I am a catholic priest not a Roman Catholic . The communion that I belong to is the Charismatic Episcopal Church (not to be confused with the episcopal church u.s.a.)Feel free to shoot any question that you might have my way at any time . You didn't offend me in the slightest . Check out our communions(denominational ) web page iccec.org -Blessings+++
Fr Rich
Hey - how did you find my blog? --I'm glad you did

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home