Friday, May 20, 2005

Nostalgia- Is it good for anything?

I've always liked old stuff. Those of you who know me, know I have a soft spot for antiques. The stuff I normally like is from the 30's or earlier. I hardly even look at stuff from my era. But Lately I have this need to surround myself with the things I grew up with. So far I have been able (mostly because I'm poor ) to resist the temptation to buy stuff. I was at a swap meet two weeks ago and saw a remote control car (I normally loathe them ) that was made to look like "the Mach 5". It was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I had to shake my head vigorously to get out of the trans that I was under.
Then one day I are started humming na na na - na nana na -na na na -na - na nana na . OH MY GOD IN HEAVEN ! I was humming the Banana splits theme song. What is happening to me ? I think I'm being sucked back in time to the early 70's .I long for the days when the Snufalupigus couldn't be seen by any one but Big Bird. I want my hot wheels back. I want to go to Thrifty's riding my purple sears spyder and buy a single scoop of pistachio ice cream for a nickel. I want a tarnished St. Christopher medal and coin purse with a Mexican calendar and two dimes inside.
This whole nostalgia thing started a month ago when I realized (all of a sudden)that I was going to have more responsibility than I've ever had in my life when Fr Jim leaves . HMMMMM, I wonder if that's why I suddenly have this need to revisit the most carefree segment of my life.
---------- NAH!
Anyway if you guys know of anyone selling some hot wheels cheap let me know .

Today's blog was brought to you by the numbers 4 and 7 - and the letter P
GO BIG OR GO HOME !

1 Comments:

Blogger Sinnersaint said...

For a while there, it seems that Big Bird's hallucinations had transferred to Father Rich but, just as in 1985, we can all now see St. Snuffleupagus.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home