Friday, March 10, 2006

lent



Lent is a time of penitence and introspection . More or less it is a time where we let God do a deep cleaning within us. For forty days we fast, make confession and live simpler lives to prepare for the feast of the resurrection(Easter). But shouldn't we do this all the time? Yes, but we don't. At least most of us don't . A good amount of Christians don't recognize Lent. Many have no clue what it is. Others regard it as something the Catholics do and put in the pile of meaningless ritualistic practices. Sad really. Anything can be meaningless if done without sincerity and understanding. Lent has always been a time for me personally that God does some major work. Sometimes it is soooo hard to look deep into myself. It's scary in there. But I have learned to Hold Jesus' hand as I take that introspective walk inside myself. It's not as scary but the hard part is doing something about the crud I find in there. Again Jesus helps. His grace has become the air I breath mostly because of my Lenten experiences. I pray the same for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home