Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Beautiful feet?


Sunday I had one of the most humbling experiences of my ministerial life. We have an intercession team the meets before service on Sundays. I had asked them to pray for some ailments that I had been having . One of the team members immediately got down on her knee and said "I'm being drawn to your feet". My knee jerk reaction, though not verbalized was " crazy woman - get up here and pray for something that is hurting me - like my shoulders ". I let it go and allowed her to pray for my feet.
I have never felt especially gifted as an evangelist or preacher but as she prayed for me I felt as if God was making me recognize myself as evangelist and preacher . I don't like it . I don't want it. It's weird, I know what I 'm being called to do . NOT A CLUE HOW TO GET THERE!
As much as I am comfortable with the counseling centered ministry that the Lord has given me I have no problem doing what God wants even if it's stuff I dislike. I leave the "HOW " to God.
I'm done becoming stuff- I just want to be the child of God He created me to be.
I know evengelism is something that will be a focus and thrust. But I won't look for a method. I'm through with that . I'm just going to to continue to Love people and point them towards Jesus. God will do it.
" How beautiful are the feet of him who brings good news" Romans 10:15
So I guess my feet are beautiful- only because of GOOD NEWS they're carrying.
Pray for me a sinner.

3 Comments:

Blogger Father Rich said...

The RSV , TEV , NIV, JB and NEB all tranlate it "Good News". Glad tidings sounds nice means virtually the same but not as close to the greek .

9:55 AM  
Blogger Father Rich said...

I really would like you to teach a short course on Sacred music . I never learned about this stuff. "Tidings of peace" is more poetic and a responsible translation to English and HEY - it sings better!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Wow, I guess this means don't mess with The music man on his turf.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home