Wednesday, July 12, 2006

You are wrong !


I have heard that a lot in my life . And I say it some. Lately I've been hearing people saying it about others that I love. It's getting a little nuts. I'm OK with people thinking others wrong and are willing fight to the death for their point of view. But even if you're right do you have the to condemn someone? NO ! SO GET OUT OF GOD'S CHAIR!
12 years ago I have yelled and screamed at a brother in Christ because I knew they were wrong. I still believe that scripturally I was correct. That person stopped talking me. Even when I apologized for my behavior they wanted nothing to do with me. I take responsibility for that whole episode. You see , I was right but I was WRONG!. I insisted that he make a correction because he was entrenched in believing something wrong because it served him well. But I wanted to beat him into believing correctly . My false righteousness killed a friendship. Oh, I 'm still right but I lost a friend. And it wasn't even something that is going to send him to hell.
I was condemning and destructive- That is no way to operate in the Body of Christ.
I see this happening a lot lately and it is sad. Christians do wacko stuff because we think we're right. We pray against people or leave churches because we know they are wrong. The truth is that we need to take responsibility for ourselves first and really pray whether the offence is truly such a heresy that warrants battle. Or heaven forbid - maybe we should question whether we're actually right.
Go Big and Love Each Other- (not an option)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home