Monday, August 17, 2009

To Dakota and Back with Dad #1

I am on a road trip with my dad to South Dakota. We were on the road at 4:30am. I immediately took a nap (uh- I wasn't driving). I woke up and dad was pretty chatty (still is he's talking to me as I write this). Stopped for food and I was given 30 mins. to go into the Bas Pro shop (I only used 15). I think I finally convinced Dad that no one is chasing us. You have no idea how wonderful it is traveling with a pound and half of old fashioned beef jerky. Oh and hangin with Dad is good too. Staying at Little America in Wyoming- VERY NICE for 80 bucks-it would be nice for 110. I think we'll get to Aunt Emily's place tomorrow. I know my dad is sad about Uncle Paul's passing but he doesn't say much. Every once in while he recollects something about Uncle Paul, pauses and wears one of those painful smiles- you know the kind - they feel warm yet kinda make you sad at the same time
More tomorrow. Please pray for us.
Going Big all the way to Dakota
North what ? no such thing

2 Comments:

Blogger mmichele said...

Well come on up to good ole canada and we'll put you up for a night or two, where ever we are staying.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Praying for you two as you travel!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home