Monday, January 19, 2009

So, If You Have An Extra 1.3 Million Laying Around. . .

As I was fishing on a beach in Ventura this afternoon, I received a call (aren't cellphones great?)from someone who comes to our church sometimes and is also a local realtor. They told me that there is a church property for sale in town for 1.3 million dollars. I know what building it is and we could make it work very well. I am normally a very practical person - which is as total odds with the pentecostal part of me. I am seriously praying about his.
You see, our church doesn't have two nickles to rub to together but I believe God is doing something here. Our church is 10 years old yet we are virtually unknown in our area while churches that are well funded that have been around for a couple of years are already institutions in this town. I repent of envy almost daily.
Buildings absolutely don't make a church but they do help minister to community much more than a limited rental space.
I'm good with where ever God puts us, but this call was so random and very timely in some ways. It might just be God. The money will have to fall from heaven. God can do this - I know he can.
But for now I'll pray until Gods speaks clearly one way or another and until then focus on bringing souls to Jesus Christ- I'll let the Lord worry about a place to put all them newly saved souls.
Please pray with me on this. And let me know if the Lord gives you a word on this subject.
Going Big

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home