Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Brother is mourning and it hurts me

The Lord has always been generous to me in that the friends that he has given me are almost always men I can truly call brothers as if we shared the same parents. I have two biological brothers and a handful of men that are also brothers to me.
One of these men called me yesterday with a distressed voice and told me that his mom had died suddenly. He said "I have gone through the worst thing in my life - there is no grief worse than this - I got to hug, kiss and say good bye to her - I'm so glad God gave that to me"
This brother is my hero. He sees God's grace in all things. He has gone through more adversity than anyone I know in the last two years yet no ones knows it. He was a great son to his earthly mom but also a great son to his heavenly Father. I am purposely omitting his name as he doesn't like notice in this way.
I FEEL HIS LOSS AND I WANT IT TO GO AWAY BUT I KNOW GOD IS WITH HIM.
Father, comfort your son, my brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home