Sunday, January 11, 2009

Los Lobos Rock but Monica Rocks Harder


I have lots of God children the eldest of them is Monica who is 25 . She was my kid before I had any. She ruled me at 12 months old. She has no idea that I am her biggest fan. She is bright and caring and flawed and I love it all. But tonight dazzled me.
She told me months ago to reserve the evening of Jan 11th as she said that I was to receive my bday gift on that day.
Well , the 11th was today and she took me to see a special Los Lobos concert. I like Los Lobos but I never counted them amongst my favorites. She also gifted me with a Los Lobos Tshirt. ( side note: Being Mexican American, I have no clue as to why Mexican American artists feel the need to paint skeletons all the time).
Anyway , we have a quick dinner at a near by Japanese food court then go to the concert. These guys are crazy talented . They impressed me but not as much as Monica did. She has a tough life but she is letting God get her through it. For some reason she loves me (I don't know why I torture her every chance I get) and she showed tonight. We laughed together to the point of tears. I can't remember the last time I HAD SO MUCH FUN.
She'll probably never see this but I need to say this - I love you Monicaca! YOU ROCK.
I wish you all knew her.
That young woman is going big!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Wood said...

Why don't you tell her to read this blog and let her know?

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home