Saturday, July 16, 2005

We Few , we happy few , we band of brothers

I'm not in a habit of quoting Shakespeare. But I spent the day with half a dozen of the hardest working priests on the planet . There a small group a CEC priests that call themselves the "Desert Fathers". I have been lucky enough to have been invited to be a part of them. There's something that draws men together when they share a common goal and perhaps even more so when that goal is sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This meeting has not only lifted my spirit but encouraged me to live out what I have been saying for months now "GO BIG OR GO HOME". My fellow desert fathers have all been through such great adversity as a direct result of choosing to serve Jesus in the CEC. Come on, who gets their church actually stolen (yep, the actual building)! One of my brothers did. That's just one story.
These men are being made holy through the power of the Holy Spirit through great trials and the mundane. Monotony in itself is a trial, one can so easily lose the fire that is so vital to ministry. I thank God for bringing these men in my life. It's good to know that someone else is walking on the same road with you.
Oh by the way scripture ain't lying when it says that demons like dry places, just ask the desert fathers.
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home