Saturday, January 28, 2006

The neccessity of pain and hurt .

Pain is lame but necessary. Pain is seen as the enemy but is that how God intended for us to view it? Is pain actually a help to us. Yes , absolutely! I wish it wasn't so but there is truth in "NO PAIN, NO GAIN". Several people I love are going through immense emotional pain. My initial response is to want to take it away. But I can't. If I was able take the pain for them for a while to give them a breather I would but it would be a mistake to totally remove it prematurely. Pain serves a purpose it tells us there is an injury that needs our attention. Say you had a pulled muscle, no doubt it would hurt like hell. If you numbed it up so you couldn't feel and then proceeded normally you would risk a greater injury. That would be a dumb thing to do . Taking something for a short time to help you deal with the pain(not totally numbing ) until the injury is healed would be the brighter path.
With emotional pain we tend to want to numb it up. Everyone has their own way of doing it. Some work too much, some deny the pain, some drink and some scream and cry ouch for years but never actually deal with the pain its(it's weird but it's the same as the others).
Pain is there to tell us that something in us needs healing.
People like to go through these painful times on their own. Let's go back to a bodily illustration. If you were playing a sport and injured your leg on the field or court wouldn't you allow the other players to help you to the sidelines. Of course you would! Unless you were particularly bone headed. (I did this once, not smart at all ). Let the other players help you! We're a family in Christ. Christ within each of us can help and heal. But not if you won't allow it.
Being someone in the "Help Biz" I am proned not to ask for help when I need it. I've pretty much quit that style of thinking. I have three people that consistently help me off the field when I need it . They are God's gift to me, channels of healing and a means of grace.
Pain is necessary but help is available, let's all use it.
More on this tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

What do you mean...admit weakness to each other, and help each other?

Like a (functional) family. What a concept.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

This is so very true. Thanks for posting on my blog over at Danieldoo. I found Cody's blog by the MS link and I have really enjoyed his posts and plus who doesn't want to see pics of such a cute baby.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

Let the other players help you ! We're a family in Christ. Christ within each of us can help and heal . But not if you won't allow it.

Amen to this, don't let it take forever before you learn this!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home