Friday, October 13, 2006

Small and broken but still good!


Lilo and Stitch is one of my favorite animated movies. There is a line in the movie that is delivered by Stitch where he says "this is my family - small and broken but still good." I have been enjoying that line as I think it fits well for our church.
I was talking with another minister in town that is planting a church. He told the trouble was already having with parishioners. I thought to myself that as crazy as we all are at our church we do very well Serving Jesus Christ together. Not that there hasn't been bent feelers along the way in the past 8 years - there have been a few - but for the most part we do well. I believe it has to do with our comfort with brokenness. Most of the saints of our church know they are broken and only made whole by Jesus Christ. It makes for a greater tolerance for others' brokenness. We're all cracked vessels- but through submission to Jesus his skillful potter's hands fills our cracks with the most clay of grace and love. I guess you could say the we all have a crack problem - and Jesus is the Rehab.
I LOVE OUR CHURCH FAMILY! God is doing a great work here.
So I say - this is my family - small and broken but still good.

1 Comments:

Blogger glorygrl said...

my favorite line from Stitch:
"what's your badness level?" I find myself wondering that sometimes.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home