Monday, August 11, 2008

Banana Splits Steal the Heart of another Mski


Last week I came down stairs to the sound of something that was quite haunting to me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was the Banana Splits theme song and there was my 7 year old son Luke humming along.
For a moment I couldn't speak as I was watching the most important pixilated imagery of the 70's. I was a member of the Banana Split fan club. It took like 2 months to get which was an absolute eternity to me at seven . I drove my mother nuts over this.
Luke was absolutely shocked when I sang the theme song word for word. "Dad, you like this new show!?". I was so tickled I want to cry. I explained that this show over 35 years old and it was my favorite show when I was his age. I was more than a little pleased to have someone that he bombard with Banana Split questions- he had about of them . It was nice to be able to share my childhood obsession with my son.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2se2I70CJ0

2 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

Tagged you for 6 quirky things! See details upon my blog.

8:29 AM  
Blogger T. Coleen said...

I think Father Rich may have just blogged about one of the six! Only 5 to go! Beany and Cecil maybe?

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home