Sunday, September 09, 2007

Cancer as medicine?

OK, most folks think I'm nuts anyway but this will top the cake. Cancer has become as medicine to me. I have probably been closer to cancer than most of the population. I am a cancer survivor. Three of my grandparents had it and as a minister I have dealt with it extensively. But I no longer have an active hatred for cancer. Cancer is kinda like poison only worse. I choose to make it medicine a render it not only harmless but a help to me and all those in my life.

My mom will have cancer surgery on Tuesday. It has been caught very early but cancer has a habit of killing people even if it doesn't actually kill them. It can paralyze a soul with fear and anger towards God.

So how can it be medicine? Cancer's apparent death grip makes me see God's victory. Has it claimed lives? Yes. BUT IT CAN'T CLAIM THE SOUL! I have ministered to many brothers and sister whose human lives have been stopped by cancer. But they had such extreme faith that was actually catapulted by the cancer. They had to lean on Jesus.

My mom leans on Jesus and she was the one that taught me to do that. Is cancer our friend ?- NO . But I consider it medicine because it brings many souls to a realization that they need something greater than what physicians can give. Salvation - Now that's medicine!

Go Big!

1 Comments:

Blogger m2db said...

I will be praying for her!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home