Friday, August 26, 2005

Being 40 is kinda lame

Although I thank God for every heart beat and every breath I breathe I do think that aging is cruel and very unusual. I went for a walk today with Kimo (my dog), okay more of a hike, okay okay more of an expedition up a steeeeeep hill across some semi treacherous ridges to huge rock structure. I didn't seem like a big deal at the time. I had a couple little falls. I fall all the the time no big deal. I felt fine. Then about two hours after I get home I get a twinge in my hip and I start to notice that my back hurts more than normal. By evening this is a major OWEEEE!
People are constantly reminding that I'm 40 (almost 41)and I'm fine with that. I like hill walking with no trails ,I like swimming through sage brush, even sliding backward down a hill a few yards is kinda fun. When people were telling me that I need act my age that was one thing but now my body is telling me this (very loudly). My daughters have forbidden me from skateboarding because I embarrass them and they said they refuse to go see me in the hospital when I injure myself. So I stopped the skateboard stuff but HILL WALKING? I guess smaller hills and ridges are in my future unless there just too beautiful to resist. Well I have to go take another Advil (they don't work) and shop for a cane (walking stick).
I've been trying to live the whole GO BIG OR GO HOME thing. But sensibility has to come into play at some point (DANG IT!) God only gave me one body to take care of so I guess I should.
I had to write on a lighter subject -I've been so heavy and serious lately
GO BIG - BUT WATCH OUT FOR ROCKS - OUCH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sinnersaint said...

I think we take up an offering for either cane or walker for the good Padre... maybe a Rascal?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home