Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Bicycle blues


Our church inhabits the same building as a bike shop. Rodger the owner has become a friend. Through the last 4 mos. or so I have learned a bit about bicycles and peddling. Bikes have come a long way since the yellow Schwinn Stingray I owned as a kid. I used to run but my body rebelled. Biking is low impact and good for the heart, lungs and body in general. I'd like to start biking but no bike. My goal was to have the money saved for a nice bike (Rodger and I worked a deal) by December. Oh well, life happens! My new goal is next December. I'll find a fun way to exercise until then. Walking isn't so bad . The anticipation is exciting. It'll happen.
There was a time when this bike thing would have bugged me . It's awesome how God matures us. Now I look forward to when it will happen. Years ago I would be sulking. Stuff doesn't mean much any more. AND THAT'S A GOOD THING !
Go Big !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home