Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Hairy


This is a blog challenge from my wife. She has chosen the title "Hairy". I think she's being a bit vindictive about my initial challenge. Whatever.
Soon as "Hairy" flowed from her lips I was transported back to 1970. My Dad used to sing this song to me and my brothers.

Fuzzy wuzzy was a bear - Fuzzy wuzzy had no hair - Fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy,was he ?

At 41 I don't have the hair that I used to but that really doesn't bug me. I was once asked by a young lady in my youth group if it bothered me to lose my hair. She had some issues with me losing my hair for some odd reason. I replied that I was more concerned about losing my mind than my hair. She laughed. But I was serious. Losing my hair is the least of my problems .

But now I have a hair issue that does concern me .And I think there may be a demonic component to it. So I don't care about losing my hair . This scores one for the good guys against the vanity team. But can Evil take a loss like a good sport . Nooooooooo. Satan and his minions aren't satisfied when eminent baldness does not pre-occupy the pursued victim. Guess what they do now . Ironic consequence! They make it so hair grows in every place that it is not supposed to .
OK , baldness didn't get to me but this does . I am using depillitation (dehairifying) techniques that are unspeakable. You don't even want to know where. My eyebrows, if left to their own devices for more than a few days will take over my whole forehead. The ears make me emotional if I try to describe them so I won't.

Good thing I'm a Christian and see myself through the eyes of a Loving father and not my own .If I was to weigh God's love for me by having the correct amount of hair in the correct places I wouldn't think God loved me very much right now.

But my perception of myself is too easily twisted by vanity . That's what's great about Jesus . He doesn't care about that stuff . Stinky, hairy, chubby, stuttering, short, whatever--JESUS LOVES ME. HE JUST PLAIN LOVES ME .

It makes turning into a werewolf a whole lot easier.

Go big (and could you please buy me some Nair tm while you're out)

8 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

Ugh. I believe you have won round one.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

One word. Tweezerman.

No, seriously. We love you and God loves you, no matter how "Hairy" you are...or where.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

You hide it well. My poor brother has taken to using clippers a la Malcolm in the Middle father style, on top of the head and elsewhere. Nothing like being the wolly man-moth.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're not losing the hair on your head.... it's just migrating. ;)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

I second Carsten's reponse...

12:23 PM  
Blogger glorygrl said...

can't we just go back to the time when men didn't care about hair on their bodies--or at least didn't care out-loud?

3:42 PM  
Blogger joannmski said...

OK just to be clear, that picture is not a picture of Rich. He does not have that type of a hair problem. Mostly it's the eyebrows. Please do not be afraid of him, and please still invite him to your pool party.

4:04 PM  
Blogger James Manning said...

Man, I lost my hair a long time ago. The good thing about be a black man is that we can still look fly (well, some of us can).

But you might want to do something before you turn into Chubaka. LOL

Great Blog.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home