Monday, October 17, 2005

ADD ( LIFE IN APOLOGY )


"I'm sorry" I think those were the first words that I ever spoke. Being born with with a porous memory and the inability to linearly arrange thought in ones mind makes for having to say sorry more than the average toy on the shelf. Dyslexia didn't help. I couldn't remember the order of simple procedures so I did things wrong all the time. I got in trouble a lot because of breaking rules or objects or forgetting something. I'm not writing this so I can be pitied for my sad and meager childhood. My childhood was fine. Everyone has there portion of suffering one way or another.
The reason I write this at all is that there is this little boy I know who reminds me of myself alot. I see him quite often. I see that he also lives the apologetic life. But I don't feel sorry him. He has good parents that are turning his disability into an asset. I see them praising his strengths and working with him on his deficits. And he can be a trial sometimes. But I see a tenderness that you don't see in all kids. He seems to accept other peoples flaws without a thought. And I know why. Kids know when there just a bit different. I knew. With ADD, a kid looks totally normal but inside there is utter chaos. After a while you know that the world inside you and the world outside of you aren't that compatible. You don't look like the rest of the broken eggs but you know you are one. So when you see a another kids that's flawed you have compassion. As a kid I couldn't understand if a person could see that someone needed a friend why you wouldn't want to be that friend. While other kids made fun I made friends. I never told anyone that I felt just like the retarded kid or club foot guy. I just made friends.
I pray that his (the little boy I spoke of ) compassion will always stay with him. He will have to say sorry for a lot of things in his life but when he sees God face to face he won't have to say "I'm sorry I didn't love your people". That little boy is gonna love a bunch of people to Jesus. I wish we all would.
Go Big and love some people today.

5 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

Would that we were all that compassionate, and nonjudgemental! The ADD is a trial, but has made you (both) so sweet.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

This is one of the best posts you've done. Without a doubt straight from the heart. Bless all who battle affliction.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

One of these days I'm going to buy this shirt.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Traci Anerson said...

ADD can have it's fun side too, although it makes me too talkative in bible studies...

I need to learn to be quiet sometimes.

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home