Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Ministerial Odd Couple



God does indeed have a sense of humor . Look at these two characters. On the left Charles"Rafiki" Miller and right Rich "Fr. Bonzo" Maciejewski.Who would ever believe that God would allow two absolutely different men to be such good friends for the last 10 years. Charley likes coffee. I don't like coffee and just recently got over my phobia of drinking any kind of brown liquid. Charley 's personal eating menu is comprised of about 14 things. I on the other hand eat anything that doesn't eat me first.Charley is very selective about hugging and touch in general. I have not yet met the man that I can not hug. Charley is thoughtful and reserved. I am neither thoughtful or reserved. Charley said that I'm the type of person that never had a feeling that I didn't express and he on the other hand is still working on stuff from the second grade.
We differ any flavor of Christianity as well. Charley believes that all the standing, sitting and kneeling us catholic types do is OK for us but pretty he much prefers one posture for worship. Charley likes a Church that looks and acts in manner that regular people today can find nonintimidating. I'm thinkin' "what's so intimidating about a guy wearing a dress in worship service?" And we kind dress differently in general (the pics shown above are examples of typical day wear for each of us).
We don't agree on a lot stuff but what we agree on is what makes us good together. Jesus is the foundation of our relationship. He's the major reason we ever built such a friendship. Read the above and you'll find that on the surface we don't have that much in common . Through the years we've traded roles in our friendship . Brother, jokester, counselor, confidant and soundboard are just a few of those movable roles. That's why our friendship works.
I pray that all who read this will have one friendship in their lives as healthy and good as the one I have with Pastor Rafiki (Charley).
You'll have to ask Charley about the evolution of our nicknames.

1 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

He is such a blessing. It is very important for you to have such a strong bro. in Christ, and someone who understands what it's like to be rowing this boat.

I think Charley is changing for the better because of us. I think he might put salsa on a hot dog, and start listening to some country music due to our influence... ;-)

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home