Monday, April 16, 2007

Christ Is Risen!


Well , yesterday I spent a few hours in the Emergency Room. I'm physically fine but I guess stress is more a part of my life than I had thought. I'm very quick to point out stress in others lives but not so much my own. I'm a good health physically (I have a few aches and pains) but stress can take a toll and can eventually claim one's health. So now I have to learn to take a true SABBATH. I'm not so good at that. It means more than just secular recreation - I jog, mountain bike, hunt and hike with regularity but I don't SABBATH. I exercise but don't rest. When I hike I plan church stuff in my mind. When I hunt I try to cover as much ground as I can in two hours because I have three counseling sessions planned for that day. I pray but very surgically - God probably can't get a word in edgewise cuz I won't shut up!
So I seek the Lord today to RE- CREATE me. Make me new O Lord! And He will.
Go Big - but take a sabbath will ya!

2 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

Amen!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Shabbat, you crazy person.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home