Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sadness as a path to God's presence.

There are times when we are surrounded by people yet we feel so terribly alone. Why should we feel alone when people are so close that you can feel their breath on your tears.?Even when they attempt to comfort you feel as though they are talking to you through a plexiglass shield. I believe that sadness is an overlooked prison. Deep sadness is much like being shackled and put in a cell. Unfortunately the prisoner doesn't know they are imprisoned and are just aware of the surface feelings but not aware of their incarceration. I have only had this deep sadness a few times in my life . I first time lasted a few days the next time a week or so third time longer. This is when I formed my incarceration theory . It was as if each time I became deeply sad my sentence was lengthened. But why ? I don't know exactly why but I have some ideas from personal experience. I felt sad for what ever reason , I didn't really want feel sad so I went on with life as usual and just waited out the feeling . It to occurred to me that I didn't treat my sadness as an illness, affliction or an unwanted guest but allowed it to take up residence . That is when I believe that the incarceration took place . I allowed myself to be shackled and tossed in a cell. Each time I would actually become unknowingly more and more complacent and submissive to the will of my sadness. I believe that sadness takes on a life of it's own if it's not used for it best purpose. This is where it gets difficult to describe. Sadness in itself is not evil or even does it have a motive . When treated with complacency is when sadness becomes a prison. Later I'll talk about the position I feel we should take to combat it . Let's talk about the prison itself . Number one , we are normally unaware that we are inside it . When we do realize that we are incarcerated we feel there is no way out . But there is! I have found that the prison is very real but only depending upon the way that I am facing . If I face the bars indeed I'm shackled and imprisoned but if I was to turn around the cell has no back wall and my Lord is waiting for me to turn around.
MORE TOMORROW-
Go Big !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home