Thursday, September 22, 2005

To Hear From God


Why do some people hear from God and others never seem to? I guess I fall in the "hear from " category. Why am I so privileged? I think because I really want to hear from him. He rarely says anything I want to hear but every thing I need to hear. There are times when I put my hands over my ears and go "la la la can't hear you la la la". Unfortunately God speaks to my heart and not through my ears. So I still hear Him.Does Gods really speak that loudly? Yep and I am not special. There is a little book called "Practicing the Presence of God" by Bro Lawrence. After reading that book and The Imitation of Christ by Thomas A kempis is when I really started to experience "hearing from God ".
We create such a chasm between us and God and it's not all caused by our sin. You see, Christ died to remove that chasm and bring us back to closeness the was intended. There was a time when God took walks with men and spoke conversationally to them . We should be able to have that relationship now. God is not waaaaay over there.
If God is Omnipresent, then he's here right now. Why wouldn't he talk to us? Some are saying he doesn't. WRONG! He does but why do we always wait for Him to start the conversation or expect to hear Him when we won't shut up and listen.
I want that everyone would hear from God. Don't make it such an endeavor. Just talk then listen. When you hear that thing that makes you feel naked and vulnerable, that is mostly likely God. HE DOESN'T TALK SPORTS OR GIVE LOTTO NUMBERS, HE SPEAKS ABSOLUTE TRUTH AND IT HURTS MOST OF THE TIME UNTIL YOU COME TO LOVE THE TRUTH SO MUCH THAT IT BECOMES SALVE .
Go Big!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sinnersaint said...

That is a definite Fatherichism.

1:51 PM  
Blogger joannmski said...

I'm straining to hear Him. It's hard to know what is God and what is what I am perceiving to be God.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home