Thursday, October 13, 2005

Top ten out of control


There was a time in the mid 90's when my wife and I had a lot of fun composing top ten lists and sending via email to another couple that we are very close with. I believe the first list was "top ten reasons why Charlie Miller didn't get lunch at Promise Keepers". It was fun. THAT WAS THEN. There has been a recent resurrection of the top ten list that is just out of control. There has been a good 20 or so lists that have been crafted lately, one that was clearly plagiarized from biblical text. OK NOT THAT I'M JEALOUS that everyone is reading and writing top ten lists while I gruel over the next theological blessing I bestow upon the two readers of my blog. Come on folks lets get some original thought going here. Because I am in a position of leadership and I see the sheep drowning in there own copy catness. I will help. Be creative! Put more power in your Blog entries! Here, I will show you.

Eleven Reasons to Stop Making Top Ten Lists
11. David Letterman actually has a copy right on the top 10 and could sue all your butts.
10.The people at work miss you.
9. Your children need food.
8. They are not all funny (trust me on this one)
7. Time could be better spent writing about Seneca, the Platypus or being the ghost writer for a Cocker Spaniel.
6. There are some things that just should never be listed (like favorite skin diseases or pimple lancing methods)
5. To be really good of catholics all lists should be of 3 (trinitarian formula) note:all Christians are trinitarian although may not take the label "catholic" - I couldn't let Charlie escape from this one
4. Eleven has more power. ("but this one goes to eleven" from Spinal Tap the movie"
3. Please read my blog
2. Please read my blog(a subliminal message )


1. I need time with wife ----for some reason she's always at the computer. hmmmmmmmmmmmm
For those of you that never know when I'm kidding. I'M KIDDING!

7 Comments:

Blogger joannmski said...

LOL. Do you want me to make a list of ten reasons why top ten is good? Maybe you can help me, our joint lists were always better.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There is something to be said about making a top 10 list (or top 11 for that matter) for reasons not to make top 10 lists......

11:08 AM  
Blogger Jewels said...

You're just jealous because one more top ten list and Joann gets a merit badge, (she has nine so far)and you're sorrowfully behind in your quota.

1:00 PM  
Blogger nomi said...

my goodness. want some cheese with that WHINE?-naomi

6:19 PM  
Blogger Sinnersaint said...

...but this one goes to eleven" from Spinal Tap the movie.

Do our amps go to eleven at All Saints?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mabel said...

God says a Top Seven List will be fine. Don't stress out about getting a full Ten items.

By the way, I'm having a great time!

12:08 AM  
Blogger joannmski said...

That was a pretty good post, I'd say, it even got a response from the dead...

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home